No rare loot... At all...

Find a solution to your problem or report a new bug.
The Unknown

No rare loot... At all...

Postby The Unknown » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:05 pm

More than 40 battles with rare loot chance more than 20% and no rare loot... No % became more than 33% and still no...

Loot trait = 8 (1 from Polo + 7 from bard tree)

// Is there any reason to post bugs or no one read this any more?... A lot topics without answers for more than a weak...

The Unknown

Re: No rare loot... At all...

Postby The Unknown » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:32 pm

Oh... Just got shield... % was over 35... So sometimes it dropped but looks like much rare than written chance...

Hmm... Got one more item... Was update not far ago?...

Thalie

Postby Thalie » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:02 pm

I've been testing the rare loot system, and on my side I have been pretty lucky, ( got drops at 1.55% and 2.5%) so it might really be because the odds were agains't you.

I'll continue to keep track of it to make sure it's working as designed. Thanks for the feedback! :)

The Unknown

Postby The Unknown » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:19 am

I doubt that probability less than 0.02% (yes 2/10000) can be named "unlucky". Especially if this appear more than once.
Much more likely some bug with random generation or drop odds or Loot Trait or something else...

Pépère

Postby Pépère » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:54 pm

Rare loot work fine on our end, Maybe you already got that but % of rare loot are the chance to get one rare loot in the lot of rare list.
Once a rare loot is obtain your rare loot chance reset (it is a running counter) every time you don't get a rare loot the chance grow.

Loot points augment that running counter by 5 time per points... but once you get one item in the rare loot section it start back at original value

I want to emphasis the fact that we are not playing with numbers we use standard Math random generator to deduce the chance of getting any loot.

But keep an eye on that since it is a very important part of our game and there can be bug we never know...

Thanks for being vigilant.

The Unknown

Postby The Unknown » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:10 pm

Pépère wrote:Loot points augment that running counter by 5 time per points...

Sorry I couldn't understand what did you mean... If on start % grow by something like 0.6% later it decrease to something like 0.35% and even less.

Just calculate probability of chance that % grow so high: https://snag.gy/rzLUWA.jpg
It's much less than 0.02% I wrote before. It will be less even if grow of % not decreased. I don't know on which progression it decreased but if take linear, chance will be even 50 times less...

I never told that you play numbers or do something else to harm players. It's absolutely pointless. I only report about things that on my opinion most probably bug. Reasoned opinion... And first of all this needed for you but not me. At least I think so...

I can imagine a lot bugs of using "standard Math random generator". Including using same result more than once or reset sequence and generation of new one (good if with different seed) in bad time. For example when game became inactive cause of switch tabs or windows in browser. And this is only in getting random number. Some bugs can be imagined in next calculations... And as for me the easiest way to see this is just log game data. Such as player id; random number; both parts of equation which tested to see if got rare drop; result % that compared with loot table (if differ from random number); drop that really got. May be some addition info. Nearly sure that problem will be seen in this data.

The Unknown

Postby The Unknown » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:47 pm

After getting 2 items: https://snag.gy/GXnYgm.jpg

Return to “Bugs & Issues”